To follow on from yesterdays Sri Lankan Fish Cutlet post about two of my best friends birthdays – Helen Lodge & Julie Allington, I am now going to give them ideas for Vodka-infused Party Snacks. All 3 of us love Vodka – can’t go wrong.
Vodka-soaked cherry tomatoes (or should that read “cheery tomatoes”? 😉 )
There are many ways to prepare these but thanks to Anthony Worrall Thompson I have found the easiest way. I mean, why bother with placing cherry tomatoes in boiling water for 5 seconds and peeling them when you can avoid it?
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes
- ¼ pint/150ml chilli-flavoured vodka
- ½ lemon, juice of
- 1 tbsp dry sherry
- 6 drops Tabasco sauce
- 1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- celery salt, to taste
- Prick the tomatoes all over with a cocktail stick. Soak the tomatoes in a mixture of the next seven ingredients.
- Chill until ready to eat. When eating, sprinkle with celery salt & pepper (or have the mixture in a dipping bowl for the cherry tomatoes). The remaining liquid can be drunk as shots – or used as a base for an excellent Bloody Mary.
HOW EASY IS THAT?
This blog made me laugh today so I had to share it:
- 6 plum tomatoes, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed & minced (optional Julie!! x)
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup basil leaves, finely shredded
- 2 tbsps vodka
- olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper & a pinch of chili powder (optional) – all to taste.
Combine all the ingredients together in a bowl and let sit for a half hour.
Cut the baguette into diagonal slices. Toast or fry in olive oil. If toasted drizzle some good quality olive oil over the sliced bread to prevent it becoming too dry. Top with the tomato & vodka mixture and sprinkle with some fresh basil leaves to impress!
AND FOR THE GRAND FINALE… Helen Lodge’s contribution (cue lots of drum-rolling)…
“Halve a watermelon, pour over a bottle of vodka, chill then eat!”